Nomination forms are available at City Hall or by clicking here. The 2016 program will begin May 1st and continue through September 1st.
The program is intended to:
- Inspire individuals to take pride in their home, improve landscape and quality of life in NKC.
- Recognize individuals whose property exemplifies and promotes beautification as an example for the NKC community.
- Recognition will be published in the North Kansas City Connection quarterly report.
- A certificate of recognition is awarded by the City Council.
- Pictures of the winning yards will be displayed at City Hall, City website, Public Cable Channel and Facebook.
- A Yard of the Month sign will be displayed on the property.
- All residential properties within the city limits are eligible.
- One winner per month will be selected to win Yard of the Month.
- Nominations should be submitted to the Community Development Department.
- Yard of the Month winners must agree to continue to maintain their yard.
- Property may only be selected once in a year.
- The Program runs May – September.
- Winners must return the Yard of the Month sign at the end of the month.
- Nominations cannot be accepted from the property owner, relative or other residents.
- Yard of the Month candidates are judged solely on the total exterior appearance of their property and front yard as viewed from the street.
- Yard is well-groomed, mowed, trimmed and weed free.
- Overall exterior property maintenance of buildings, fences, porches, and patios.
- Yard is free of litter, junk and debris.
- House numbers are displayed attractively.